Are you emotionally ready to take on the roles and responsibilities of a mum or dad?
Before you get all excited about parenthood, be honest and ask yourself these questions before you make the decision to start conceiving a child:
• Can I visualise having a baby in my house? If no, why?
• How will the addition of a baby affect my relationship with my spouse?
• Is my spouse supportive of my decision to conceive a baby?
• Will I be willing to make sacrifices and change my lifestyle for my baby?
• Am I prepared for the body changes that will take place during pregnancy?
• Will I be willing to make an effort to balance work and family life once we have a baby?